Web This Site

Monday, November 19, 2007

Tube Talk Girl returns from vacation

Bonjour, Tubers!

You may have noticed that this blog has been dark since last Thursday. Well, it wasn’t due to a writer’s strike. It was due to a much-needed vacation. (Hey, even Tube Talk Girl needs a break from time to time.)

I’m back from the great white north, also known as Montreal, Quebec.

I’ve returned with a new appreciation for DVRs, bi-lingual people, and French bread. (You try living a week without the ability to pause, rewind or fast-forward live television. Then, try asking directions from someone who speaks only French. Then, take a bite of the delicious croissants and French bread served daily in Montreal, and you’ll want to throw out your regular 35-calorie-per-slice of Heiners bread, too.)

My plan was to blog on a daily basis during vacation, so I wouldn’t let down my regular readers. But after seeing the Internet rates at the Montreal Sheraton, I changed my mind. Don’t hold it against me. If it makes you feel better, it was a slow news weekend.

I’m back on the job, as of right now. I’ll be catching you up on all the TV news we’ve missed and talking about some of my favorite shows. (Cooper fired Sam on Las Vegas?!!! What?)

For those of you who missed me, like the Desperate Housewives miss drama, tune in to Magic 106.5 tomorrow morning between 7-8 a.m., and I’ll be giving you, and my pal Jack Logar, the Tube Talk report.

Until then, bonsoir!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back. I've missed you. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I know what you mean about the food in Montreal. It's so ridiculously good.

Thanks, TTG, now I can't stop thinking about the croissants!

Anonymous said...

Hey i'm in montreal, where did you dine?

tube talk girl said...

Hey kanuck, the food was AMAZING.

We had dinner at "Gibby's" in Old Montreal and it was outstanding. It was the best twice-baked potato and beef wellington I've ever eaten, not to mention the bread. Divine! And dessert...well, there are no words for the chocolate crunchy cake concotion.

I don't think I could live in Montreal, though, or I'd be 200 pounds. Even breakfast was incredible. We went to that Eggspectations place where they cook eggs like 5,000 ways. It was fun and yummy.

But what's the deal with Tim Horton's? There was one on every corner. You guys really love Tim Horton's. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL...we do love our Tim Horton's!

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk