Web This Site

Friday, June 29, 2007

Princess Diana tributes planned

TV Viewers are about to be inundated with programs about Princess Diana this weekend.

NBC is airing a Concert for Diana at 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 1, which would have been Princess Diana’s 46th birthday. The concert will feature Duran Duran and Elton John, two of her sons’ favorite musical acts. The special will pay tribute to Diana’s life.

Prior to the concert, at 7 p.m., Sunday, NBC is airing a replay of the Dateline interview with Princes William and Harry. I missed it the first time around, so I’m looking forward to seeing what they have to say.

Also, the Women’s Entertainment network is airing a show called Diana’s Dresses on Friday, June 29th at 8 p.m. followed by a two-hour video portrait called Diana: Queen of Hearts July 1st at 12 p.m.

It’s hard to believe that come August, Diana will have been dead 10 years. Her life was short, but it’s clear her mark on the world still remains today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not heartless...I swear...but I've never understood the fascination

tube talk girl said...

Really, I heard you had a huge, gaping hole in your chest! :)

I kid.

Seriously, I call it the John-John phenomenon when "celebrities" are so beloved, despite that the masses don't really know them at all.

Anonymous said...

yes, apparently the rumor is I was born without a soul...

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk