Web This Site

Friday, June 29, 2007

Jason Dohring to play a vampire on CBS

It’s not a stretch to picture Jason Dohring playing a brooding vampire. His stint as Veronica Mars’s troubled boyfriend has given him plenty of emo experience.


Dohring has just been cast in the new CBS drama Moonlight.

He’ll play Josef, an ancient vampire who is a “mischievous hedge-fund trader,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dohring replaced 60-year-old Rade Serbedzija, who played the character in the pilot presentation.

Moonlight is the story of a private-detective vampire named Mick. Hmmm….a private detective who is a vampire? That sounds a lot like my beloved Angel.

Honestly, I hadn’t planned on watching Moonlight, until I heard that Dohring was joining the show. Sealing the deal is the news that former Angel co-creator David Greenwalt is one of the Moonlight show runners. OK, I’m in!

Longtime readers know my affection or the too-soon cancelled Angel. I often wondered if it would have garnered more ratings and respect had it aired on one of the big four networks, instead of The WB. I guess we’ll see how CBS viewers take to a show about vampires, assuming that the show is good.

Kudos to CBS for trying something new this season, instead of their typical procedural crime dramas. And kudos to casting for landing Dohring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, with this show...and the Fox project, New Amsterdam...I'm left scratching my head, trying to figure out why Angel got axed

of course, we've already determined that I know nothing about primetime TV...I liked Studio 60, Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls

tube talk girl said...

I'm with you, Tim. It seems shows I love constantly can't get ratings. Most of the shows I loved that have been canceled, with the exception of Invasion, Freaks and Geeks and studio 60, have been on the WB or the CW. Perhaps that's the issue. Not everyone in the nation has access to that network and it doesn't score the ratings, despite having some of the most innovative and well written programming on the tube. programming.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk