Web This Site

Friday, June 22, 2007

Isaiah Washington fires back at Grey’s Anatomy; says wrong guy was fired

Recently fired Grey’s Anatomy star Isaiah Washington is considering a lawsuit against ABC, according to TV Guide.

Washington’s contract wasn’t renewed for next season, after an on-set squabble with cast mate Patrick Dempsey, in which Washington uttered a gay slur toward co-worker T.R. Knight.

In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, Washington suggested that Knight was the one who created a negative workplace environment and used the incident as leverage for a pay raise, TV Guide reported.

“They fired the wrong guy,” Washington told the Houston Chronicle.

“My livelihood, my honor, my dignity and my name have been so challenged," Washington said. "Believing the cast... were like family; believing I had the freedom to express myself with family and that we could resolve our issues; and trusting ABC was going to take care of me."

I have a feeling this story is a long way from over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story just gets crazier and crazier. I can't wait for the other actors to start speaking out on the behind-the-scenes dirt.

Anonymous said...

A lawsuit? Geesh. Doesn't he know that an employer has the right to fire an employee? He needs some cheese to go with that whine.

Anonymous said...

Well, the story makes a lot more sense now...for sure...
A bunch of oversensitive Divas having a blow out over words...I've heard straight guys call each other faggot many times and faggots call each other faggot...what the hell, just like Busch, men are all about testerone, except if your TR Knight..he's just about being an ass..Poor PD and IW...to be in the middle of the crap, I think he has ever right to get the story strait..since no one else had the balls to do so..

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk