Web This Site

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Boston Legal cuts cast

The law firm of Crane, Poole and Schmidt is going to be a little less crowded next season on Boston Legal.

Four actors have been let go from the show, according to TV Guide. Mark Valley, Julie Bowen, Rene Auberjonois, and Constance Zimmer will not return. Excuse me while I take a moment to say, “This is bull, Schmidt!”

Paul has been the calm in the crazy storm of Crane, Poole and Schmidt. Brad and Denise were fun to watch. And Claire gave some new life to the show. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though. Valley’s Brad has had little to do in all his years of service at the firm. I never truly understood why he couldn’t score a leading story. And Denise became a former shell of herself this past year.

So, if Brad, Denise, Paul and Claire are out, who’s in? Night Court’s John Larroquette and Dirt’s Tara Summers, says TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello.

I’m not sure why these cast shake-ups consistently happen on David E. Kelley shows. I remember The Practice dropping most of its main actors to be replaced with people we didn’t know, or care to. I just hoped it wouldn’t happen again.

Meanwhile, Jerry i.e. “Hands” has been upgraded to a series regular. (Cue Jerry and his hop/squeal mannerism.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to see Paul, Brad and Denise go, but Claire didn't really add much to the show. Thumbs down to this casting move.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk